If you already know what the beatitudes are, you will know that living out the beatitudes is very important for a Christian. The purpose of the beatitudes is to inspire you to act in certain ways. Therefore, living them out is absolutely at the heart of the matter.
Simple Acts of the Beatitudes
The best approach to this topic will be for us to go through the beatitudes one by one, highlighting how people can live out each beatitude.
Some of these acts are simple, and some of these acts are grand:
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
- Someone prays every day, but always offers prays for others and not him or herself.
- A person gives up all of his or her free time in order to volunteer.
- A family works to ensure that God is part of their daily lives.
"Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
- The families and friends of the victims of 9-11 are in despair, but the Lord shall provide for them, whether now or in the future.
- A person loses a very close family member. God provides for that person by allowing them to reunite in the hereafter.
- A family is torn apart and a child vanishes. The parents never find the child in this life, but the family is reunited in the next world.
"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
- One individual feeds a homeless individual.
- Groups of people anonymously leave clothing for a clothes drive.
- A person humbles him or herself before God in prayer.
"Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."
- The Peace Corps sends out groups to provide for a variety of different causes.
- Volunteers peacefully march against an unjust law.
- A student stands up for an individual who is being bullied, teased, and thereby tormented.
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy."
- Anytime someone truly forgives another, mercy is shown.
- A life is spared at the last minute by a merciful leader.
- A child forgives someone who hurt him or her at school.
"Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God."
- An individual reads the Bible, completely opening his or her heart to the message.
- Children play together at a park with no bias or prejudice of one another.
- A person completes a good act without expecting a reward in return.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God."
- Leaders of countries work towards and bring about peace.
- Two old friends decide to let go of a grudge.
- Family members who have not spoken in 35 years reunite with each other.
"Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
- Someone is mocked for standing up for an individual that others do not like.
- Christians continue to hold strong in their beliefs, even though they are persecuted.
- A person states that he or she is a Christian, even though the individual knows that there will be consequences.
Clearly, there are a number of ways in which the beatitudes come into play in daily life. Indeed, there are certainly many other ways in which these tenets can be lived out as well.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Examples of Living Out the Beatitudes ." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 19 October 2018. <http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-living-out-beatitudes.html>.
Examples of Living Out the Beatitudes . (n.d.). Retrieved October 19th, 2018, from http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-living-out-beatitudes.html