Applied research is a methodology used to solve a specific, practical problem of an individual or group. The study and research is used in business, medicine and education in order to find solutions that may cure diseases, solve scientific problems or develop technology.
Applied Research Topic Examples
- Persuasion of individuals
- Interventions for specific child behaviors
- Ways to manage schizophrenia
- How to cure Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Ways to market products
- The effectiveness of abstinence programs
- Should pilots be armed?
- Has U.S. policy contributed to terrorism?
- How to abolish hate crime
- How can bullying be prevented?
- How to reverse or manage global warming
- Is mercury poisoning affecting intellectual disorders?
- Should vaccinations be avoided to prevent autism?
- What methods can be used to prevent criminals from acting again?
- What is causing increased poverty?
- How can the achievement gap of students from various socio-economic backgrounds be bridged in education?
- How can cyber security be improved?
- What types of additives are acceptable and healthy for manufacturers to use in human food products?
- Is irradiation of beef healthy for consumers?
- Is genetically modified food hurting health?
- How does immigration affect the economy?
- Is technology use for children helpful or harmful?
- Is violence in the media and in video games damaging children’s mental health?
- Are there ways to prevent juvenile offenders from becoming lifelong criminals?
- How is the media affecting females’ body perceptions?
- Would a change in welfare policy spur an increase in individuals seeking work?
- What changes are necessary to create jobs?
- How does the consumption of oil in the United States affect its economy?
- How would the legalization of some drugs affect various groups within society?
- What type of anti-smoking campaigns can reduce smoking among youth or adults?
- How can obesity be prevented?
- What effect does fast food have on overall health?
- How can social anxiety be overcome?
- How does social media change individual’s perception of society and themselves?
- Does marriage prevent certain mental or physical illnesses?
- In what ways can depression be managed without medication?
- Do government enforced regulations help or stigmatize those in “oppressed” groups (such as affirmative action or Title IX in women’s sports)?
- Is there a wage gap between men and women in the United States, and if so, why?
- Is multi-tasking helpful or hurtful?
- Are children of working mothers at any long term disadvantage as opposed to children of stay at home mothers?
- What are ways to improve school readiness for children?
- How can graduation rates be improved in urban school environments that are currently not producing as many graduates as their suburban counterparts?
- What can be done to increase the amount of graduating high school students choosing to attend college?
- Is college tuition becoming prohibitive to young adults being successful and able to support themselves?
- Is technology creating a “dumbing down” of individuals?
- How does tobacco use in various forms affect humans?
- Does marijuana pose a greater or smaller health risk than tobacco, when smoked?
- Can marijuana cause the kind of impairment requiring it to be regulated like alcohol?
Applied research topics can cover a wide variety of subjects, all addressing practical problems.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Examples of Applied Research." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 22 June 2018. <http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-applied-research.html>.
Examples of Applied Research. (n.d.). Retrieved June 22nd, 2018, from http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-applied-research.html