A pun is a joke that makes a play on words by using words that sound similar. It can also use different meanings of a word to make the saying funny.
Puns that Start with a Question
- What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investigator!
- How do turtles talk to each other? By using shell phones!
- Why are teddy bears never hungry? They are always stuffed!
- Why did the spider go to the computer? To check his web site.
- Where do polar bears vote? The North Poll.
- Why are playing cards like wolves? They come in packs.
- What do you get when you cross a snake and a pie? A pie-thon!
- What was the reporter doing at the ice cream shop? Getting the scoop!
- What do you call a sleeping bull? A bull-dozer.
- What do baseball players eat on? Home plates!
- Why did the turkey cross the road? To prove he wasn't chicken!
- Why do fish live in salt water? Because pepper makes them sneeze!
- What did the judge say when the skunk walked into the court room? Odor in the court!
- How do you fix a broken tomato? With tomato paste.
- Why did the lion spit out the clown? Because he tasted funny!
- What's purple and 5000 miles long? The Grape Wall of China!
- What do you call a knight who is afraid to fight? Sir Render.
Puns About Animals
- The best way to communicate with a fish is to drop them a line.
- He bought a donkey because he thought he might get a kick out of it.
- In the winter my dog wears his coat, but in the summer he wears his coat and pants.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
- Energizer Bunny arrested -- charged with battery.
- A skunk fell in the river and stank to the bottom.
- The chicken crossed the playground to get to the other slide.
- The best way to stop a charging bull is to take away his credit card.
- The marine biology seminars weren’t for entertainment, but were created for educational porpoises.
- Why are fish so smart? Because they live in schools.
- What do you get from a pampered cow? Spoiled milk.
You can also take a look at these examples of puns and puns in literature to see more.