The term quantitative is a reference to data or information that can be expressed as a quantity. Quantitative information is objective and can be measured.
Quantitative Data Examples
Examples of quantitative data include:
- A jug of milk holds one gallon.
- A painting is 14 inches wide and 12 inches long.
- A baby weighs six pounds and five ounces.
- A bag of broccoli crowns weighs four pounds.
- A coffee mug holds 10 ounces.
- John is six feet tall.
- A tablet weighs 1.5 pounds.
- 98% of the graduating high school class is going to college.
- In a first grade classroom there are 12 girls and 9 boys.
- In an entire school there are 523 students.
- The airplane will hold 93 passengers.
- The depth of water in the deep end of the pool is nine feet.
- The meat is cooked to 165 degrees.
- A new economy car will cost about $13,000.
- The apartment is 550 square feet.
- The size of the shoe is six.
- The number of letters in the alphabet is 26 and 5 of them are vowels.
- There are 10 city blocks in one mile.
- There were nine puppies born in a litter.
- The temperature is 82 degrees outside.
- There were three hurricanes last year.
- The bed is 7 feet long and 4 feet high.
- My dog weighs 95 pounds.
- I received 20 emails this morning.
- There are 365 days in a year and 24 hours in a day.
- 5% of the people on the block did not come to the party.
- There are nine birds living in a tree in the backyard.
- She owns 52 pairs of shoes.
- There are three sticks of butter in the sauce.
- Eight ounces equals one cup.
- The house has 20 windows.
- There are three silver cars in the parking lot.
- 80% of the shoes sold on Tuesday were black.
- One out of ten people in the group does not have a Smartphone.
- A latte is often served at 145 degrees.
- Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 0 degrees Celsius.
- Water is made of two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.
- It takes three minutes to heat soup in the microwave.
- She works five out of seven days each week.
- The restaurant served 180 people today.
- A good tip for a server is 20% of the entire bill.
- 75% of the staff are taking a vacation sometime this summer.
- It rained 25% of the days in September.
- 32 people attended the event.
- Last month the store sold 342 bottles of soda.
- A taxi ride to the airport costs $27.
- It is 10 miles to the closest gas station.
- The woman weighs 178 pounds.
- Humans have 10 fingers and 10 toes.
- The customer bought two televisions.
- The cat ate four mice.
Quantitative information is very easily and objectively measured, which is the unique characteristic of this type of information.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Examples of Quantitative ." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 22 June 2018. <http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-quantitative.html>.
Examples of Quantitative . (n.d.). Retrieved June 22nd, 2018, from http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-quantitative.html