Some people choose to have an objective on their resume. The objective can show potential employers that you know what you want in a job and that you are familiar with the industry or field. Resume objectives can be general or specific in nature.
Common Resume Objectives
- I am seeking employment with a company where I can use my talents and skills to grow and expand the company.
- I want to succeed in a stimulating and challenging environment, building the success of the company while I experience advancement opportunities.
- I want to excel in this field with hard work, perseverance and dedication.
- I want a highly rewarding career where I can use my skills and knowledge to help the company and my coworkers be successful.
- I am seeking a company where I can use my experience and education to help the company meet and surpass its goals.
- I want to be part of the success in an environment of growth and excellence.
- I am seeking a competitive and challenging environment where I can serve your organization and establish an enjoyable career for myself.
Resume Objectives: Specific to the Job
- Administrative assistant - I am seeking a position in the travel industry focusing on sales, customer care and office management.
- Education - I am a dedicated person who wants to use her skills and education to help students achieve using both traditional and modern approaches.
- Education administration - I want to obtain a position as a program director within an adult education setting.
- Engineering - I want to share my high level of skills on most machines and work on automobiles or electronics.
- Executive management - I am seeking a senior position in the financial services industry focusing on operational management and process improvements.
- Financial - Secure a position with a leading organization that will lead to a long term career relationship.
- Manager - Seeking a position with a well established company where I can maximize my program development and training skills
- Marketing - I am looking for a position in marketing where I will use my skills and experience in SEO and social media to increase site traffic and propel your company’s growth.
- Mechanical engineer - I want to use my many years of experience to carry out my tasks with efficiency, professionalism and cost effectiveness.
- Medicine - Seeking a position as a clinical practice assistant using my skills in research and leadership
- Receptionist - I am looking for a receptionist position where I will use my skills in data entry and switchboard as well as my experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Retail Manager - I am looking for a management position with a growing company where I can apply my experience to increase the company’s reputation and profitability.
- Sales - I am seeking a position as sales associate with a fast-growing company.
- Technical - I am looking for a position as a project manager for a software or internet company.
- University professor - Seeking a position as a law professor with a focus on real estate and land use law
Now you have seen many examples of resume objectives. Check out these Resume Writing Examples for more information on creating a great resume.