The words you use in a thank you note should show your appreciation and express to the recipient that you have recognized the effort they made on your behalf. There are many thoughtful words and phrases that you can use to show your gratitude in thank you notes.
Thank You Notes: Words to Include
For Someone Who Attended Your Event, Visited You, or Invited You
- We are forever grateful that you shared our wedding with us.
- We are so pleased you could join us on our special day.
- Thank you for coming and sharing this special time with us.
- We hope you know that our day was more special because you were there with us.
- We'll never forget the great experience we had together.
- We're so happy you were able to make it to our event.
- Thanks so much for taking the time out of your schedule to come over.
- Thank you so much for having us over for dinner.
- Thank you again for inviting us into your lovely home.
- Thanks so much for the great time the other night.
For a Special Gift
- I am so grateful for the lovely gift.
- We will treasure the gift forever.
- Thank you ever so much for the thoughtful present.
- We love the beautiful gift you got for us.
- Thank you for such a thoughtful present.
- We love the gift, thank you so much!
- Thanks again for the really thoughtful gift.
- We love our beautiful new gift and we cannot thank you enough for your thoughtfulness.
For Taking Time to Help or Do Something Nice
- I am so thankful for the time you took to help with my project.
- Thanks so much for taking the time to help with my project.
- It was so nice of you to help me out the other day.
- We are forever in your debt for helping us through this tough time.
- I will always remember how you helped me to get this wonderful opportunity.
- Thank you so much for all you have done for us.
- We will always be grateful for all that you have done to help us.
Where to Find More Examples
Here are some places where you can find more examples of appropriate words and phrases that are used on thank you notes:
A well-chosen quote could also add a touching note to your writing and personalize your card or letter even more. YourDictionary has a host of quotes for you to choose from.
Now that you have seen these different examples of what to write on a thank you note, you are ready to write your own notes after you receive a nice gift, attend a dinner party or interview, or someone helps you. Remember to make the thank you note personal and be sure to mention specifically what you are thanking the recipient for.