If he wasn't so obviously a puppet (well, really a muppet), one just might think that Kermit the Frog is one of the greatest philosophers of modern times. He certainly has some insightful words of wisdom to share. Relax and improve your outlook on life by perusing some truly relatable Kermit the Frog quotes.
Kermit the Frog Quotes From Movies and TV
From Sesame Street and The Muppet Movie and its sequels to beloved songs and social media, Kermit the Frog is full of inspiration, wisdom and love. Let his words from your TV set or big screens around the world lift you up and help you see what is possible in life and love, all from the point of view of a humble talking frog.
- "Life's like a movie. Write your own ending."- The Muppet Movie
- "Movin' right along, footloose and fancy-free. Getting there is half the fun, come share it with me." - The Muppet Movie
- "If you hadn't left the swamp, you'd be feeling pretty miserable anyhow." - The Muppet Movie
- "Because I'm not giving up! I'm still here and I'm stayin'!" - The Muppets Take Manhattan
- "He's one of us. And no matter what happens, no matter what obstacles we face, we never forget one of our own." - Muppets From Space
- "Take a look above you, discover the view, if you haven't noticed, please do. Please do." - Sesame Street
- "Life’s like a movie. Write your own ending.” - Sesame Street 50th Anniversary Show
- "Someday we'll find it/ The rainbow connection/ The Lovers, the Dreamers, and me" - "The Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie
- "Somebody thought of that/ And someone believed it/ Look what it's done so far" - "The Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie"
- "And though you feel much more/ Than you'd dare to show/ The first time it happens/ You know" - "The First Time it Happens" from The Great Muppet Caper
- " Just because you haven't found your talent yet, doesn't mean you don't have one." - @KermitOfficial on Twitter
Kermit the Frog Quotes About Being Green
Kermit is well known for sharing sage advice with Seasame Street viewers when he sang "It's Not Easy Being Green," a tune that quickly became a classic children's song. What a powerful statement to encourage kids (and grown-ups too) to understand that it's perfectly fine for them to be their own unique selves. The lyrics of this simple yet powerful song can easily stand on their own as quotes. Kermit himself referenced the tune on Twitter.
- "This twitter (sic) takes a lot out of you. It's hard, makes being green look easy!" - @KermitOfficial on Twitter
- "It's not easy bein' green" - "It's Not Easy Being Green"
- "When green is all there is to be/ It could make you wonder why" - "It's Not Easy Being Green"
- "I am green and it'll do fine/ It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be" - "It's Not Easy Being Green"
Kermit Quotes From It's Not Easy Being Green (the Book)
Even more powerful Kermit sayings were compiled in the book It's Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider. A few of Kermit's words of wisdom are included in this book, which is written by his creator Jim Henson.
- "Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously. And beware of advice from experts, pigs and members of Parliament."
- "Yeah, well, I've got a dream too, but it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with."
- "Changes happen as time passes by. Soon enough, you'll be grown."
- "I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me."
- "Forget the map, roll down the windows, and whenever you can, pull over and have a picnic with a pig."
Kermit Quotes About Creativity and Friendship
In 2015, Kermit the Frog shared his unique insights in his very own TEDx Talk. Titled "The Creative Act of Listening to a Talking Frog," Kermit's TEDx presentation focuses on creativity, which is something he credits largely to the influence of friends in his life. Discover a few quotes from his moving speech.
- "You are all sitting here listening to me — a talking amphibian. That alone is a radical act of creativity. It’s what I call a conspiracy of craziness."
- "There are as many ways to be creative as there are Muppets."
- "I believe creativity is an inherent part of everyone."
- "Creativity is like a puzzle, and people contribute different pieces to create a bigger picture"
- "There’s one other thing that I think every frog or person needs to be creative: and that is friends."
- "I think the very best part of creativity is collaborating with friends and colleagues. Admittedly, mine happen to be bears, pigs, rats, chickens, and penguins, but you go with whatever works for you."
That's One Influential Frog
Since Kermit first hit the air on Sesame Street, way back when the oldest members of Generation X were the right age for the show, the character's impact has been almost universal. He didn't just influence that generation of kids, but also their parents and grandparents too, along with all of the generations that have followed. His influence and popularity continue today, as evidenced by his active presence on social media and status as a TEDx presenter. Kermit's words are such a source of motivation for so many people of all ages that they're used in everything from birthday greetings to internet memes. With that in mind, consider the character's reach in light of intrinsic motivation examples that impact behavior. Then, the philosophical question to ponder becomes, "What would the world be like without Kermit the Frog?" What would it be like, indeed?