Are you looking for the perfect quote that mentions wind? Whether you're looking for some original creative sayings or a quote from a song, literature or a well-known leader, you've come to the right place. Explore a selection of wind quotes, with options appropriate for every occasion.
Creative Wind Quotes
If you're looking for some original quotes about wind, consider these options. Then, discover a selection of quotes from musicians, authors and other important figures.
- There's nothing as beautiful as watching the wind work its magic.
- From the summer breeze to the north wind, you and I will always be friends.
- No matter what blows in with the wind, you're strong enough not to break, but only to bend.
- May the winds of fortune ever be in your favor.
- Is wind good or bad? It's both. It can vary from a gentle warm breeze to the fury of a hurricane or tornado.
- Live life always like the wind is at your back and your sails are flying high.
- We should all be so lucky as to have a friend who is the wind beneath our wings.
- When love is in front of you, run toward it like the wind is at your back every step of the way.
- When social change is in the air, the winds of fortune may turn the tide toward justice.
Wind Quotes From Song Lyrics
The concept of wind is often mentioned in song lyrics, from classic tunes of days gone by to popular hits. Some songwriters write about howling wind or blowing wind, while others write about wind more figuratively.
- "Shoulda let that rest gon' fly away/ Like any chance I had of keeping you/ Like the Northern Wind that blowin'/ Yeah my lonely heart is frozen" - "The Wind," Zac Brown Band
- "Because I'm easy come, easy go,/ Little high, little low,/ Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me" - "Bohemian Rhapsody," Queen
- "So high I almost touch the sky/ Thank you, thank you/ Thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings" - "Wind Beneath My Wings," Bette Midler
- "Against the wind/ We were runnin' against the wind/ We were young and strong, we were runnin' against the wind" - "Against the Wind," Bob Seger
- "And she said, 'Losing love is like a window in your heart./ Everybody sees you're blown apart. Everybody feels the wind blow.'" - "Graceland," Paul Simon
- "All my dreams/ Pass before my eyes, a curiosity/ Dust in the wind/ All they are is dust in the wind" - "Dust in the Wind," Kansas
- "And it seems to me you lived your life/ Like a candle in the wind/ Never knowing who to cling to/ When the rain set in" - "Candle in the Wind," Elton John
- "How many times can a man turn his head/ And pretend that he just doesn't see?/ The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind/ The answer is blowin' in the wind" - "Blowin' in the Wind," Bob Dylan
- "The summer wind came blowin' in from across the sea/ It lingered there, to touch your hair and walk with me" - "Summer Wind," Frank Sinatra
- "A wet sheet and a flowing sea/ A wind that follows fast/ And fills the white and rustling sails/ And bends the gallant mast" -"A Wet Sheet and a Flowing Sea," Allan Cunningham
Poetic Quotes About Wind
As with songwriters, those who write poetry also refer to wind in their work quite often. Wind creeps into all types of poetry. Some references are literal while others are more figurative in nature.
- "The moods of love are like the wind, and none knows whence or why they rise." - "The Angel in the House," Coventry Patmore
- "The wild November come at last beneath a veil of rain. The night wind blows its folds aside, her face is full of pain." - "November," Richard Henry Stoddard
- "The twilight is sad and cloudy, / The wind blows wild and free, / And like the wings of sear-birds / Flash the white caps of the sea." - "Twilight," Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Vain the ambition of kings / Who seek by trophies and dead things / To leave a living name behind / And weave but nets to catch the wind." - "Vanitas Vanitatum," John Webster
- "My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring; / And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze; / For above and around me the wild wind is roaring" - "Composed in a Wood on a Windy Day," Anne Brontë
- "Sometimes whoever seeks abroad may find / Thee sitting careless on a granary floor, / Thy hair soft-lifted by the winnowing wind; / Or on a half-reap’d furrow sound asleep" - "To Autumn", John Keats
- "The Autumn wood the aster knows, / The empty nest, the wind that grieves, / The sunlight breaking thro' the shade," - "Asters," Dora Read Goodale
- "The wind was young and the sea was old,/ But their cries went up together;/ The wind was warm and the sea was cold, For age makes wintry weather." - "The Wind and the Sea," Paul Laurence Dunbar
- "And a good south wind sprung up behind, / The Albatross did follow, / And every day, for food or play, / Came to the mariner's hollo!" - "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner," Samuel Taylor Coleridge
More Literary Wind Quotes
Poems are not the only form of literature where you're likely to find quotes about wind. There are many references to the wind in works of literature such as novels, plays and short stories.
- “I saw a tree dancing in the wind, and it said to me, ‘I’m not doing this to entertain you, but to remind you of what life is — a dance in the wind!” - Song of a Nature Lover, Michael Bassey Johnson
- "Man is a torch borne in the wind; a dream But of a shadow, summ'd with all his substance." - Bussy D'Ambois, George Chapman
- "The wind of revolutions is not tractable." - Les Misérables, Victor Hugo
- "Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail, and mankind the vessel." - Guesses at Truth, Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare
- "Behind the big names of twentieth-century literature there stands a shadow cabinet of writers waiting to take over once the Wind of Change has blown. My own vote goes to Hugh Kingsmill as leader of this opposition." - After Puritanism, Hugh Kingsmill
Wind Quotes From Key Leaders
References to wind often find themselves in speeches given or content written by leaders seeking to inspire or motivate an audience. From political leaders to civil rights activists and great entrepreneurs, many well-known leaders have brought up the topic of wind in their work.
- "We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories. And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age." - Barack Obama
- "The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "The wind of change is blowing through this continent, and, whether we like it or not, this growth of national consciousness is a political fact." - Harold McMillan
- "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind not with it." - Henry Ford
- "The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail — its roof may shake — the wind may blow through it — the storm may enter — the rain may enter— but the King of England cannot enter — all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement." - William Pitt
Explore Related Concepts
Now that you have reviewed a selection of quotes about wind, spend some time exploring some seasonal literature. Start by perusing some spring poems. Then, while you're considering the power and beauty of nature, reflect on some of the most awe-inspiring places on Earth. Finally, you might just enjoy some insightful quotes from other unexpected places, like Kermit the Frog quotes.