If you're looking for a thing of beauty to reference that'll bring a smile to just about everyone's face, there's no better topic than flowers. Using flower quotes is a great way to refer to beauty, growth, joy, and other inspirational subject matter. Expand your library of floral sayings with some of these lovely flower quotes. Some are original quotes, while the others are from famous people.
Flower Quotes About Blooming and Growing
When thinking of flowers, their growing process and lovely blooms are often the first things that come to mind. There's so much meaning in the life cycle of a flower, from the time a seed is first planted until it bursts into bloom in all of its spectacular glory, as well as after its beauty fades.
- A blooming flower means nature is beaming.
- A watched flower never blooms.
- Flowers that bloom in every season — they're different but just as beautiful all the same.
- When it seems as if winter will never end, the gentle blooms of spring emerge like a welcome friend.
- Small amounts of water on a regular basis make for stronger flowers than an occasional deluge.
- Like with the blooms of flowers, nature always knows when the time is right.
- Flowers are beautiful in every stage, from the tiniest seedling to the spectacular blooms they bring, even when those do fade as the flower starts to age.
- Tending a garden is a pastime to enjoy; watching flowers grow and bloom is such a joy.
- Little one, you've only just started to bud; one day you'll be fully abloom.
- "When day comes, we step out of the shade, aflame and unafraid. / The new dawn blooms as we free it. / For there is always light," - "The Hill We Climb," Amanda Gorman
- "Little flowers in the rain/ Growing stronger day by day/ By the hands of God, we’re tended and cared" - "Little Flowers," Lifebreakthrough
- "Now all the flowers were up and drest / In robes of rainbow-colour'd light ; / The pale primroses look'd their best, / Peonies blush'd with all their might" - "The Adventure of a Star," James Montgomery
- "Earth laughs in flowers, to see her boastful boys" - "Hamatreya," Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Not useless are ye, flowers! though made for pleasure; / Blooming o’er field and wave, by day and night, / From every source your sanction bids me treasure" - "Hymn to the Flowers," Horace Smith
- "Seated on Elysian lawns / Browsed by none but Dian's fawns; / Underneath large blue-bells tented, / Where the daisies are rose-scented," - "Bards of Passion and Mirth," John Keats
- "A thousand flowers, each seeming one / That learnt by gazing on the sun / To counterfeit his shining; / Within whose leaves the holy dew /That falls from heaven has won anew" - "A Flower in a Letter," Elizabeth Barret Browning
- "I'll love you till the bluebells forget to bloom; / I'll love you till the clover has lost its perfume." - "The Twelfth of Never," Johnny Mathis
- "To strew thy green with flowers: the yellows, blues, / The purple violets, and marigolds," - Pericles, Prince of Tyre, William Shakespeare
Quotes About Flowers' Strength and Delicacy
Flowers are both strong and delicate. They grow from almost nothing, establishing roots that hold them upright through extreme soil or weather conditions, yet can be damaged by a gentle breeze or even a light touch. Their unique beauty provides an amazing contrast between being strong and being delicate.
- You can lose yourself in a flower garden and you can find yourself in a flower garden.
- The beauty of a flower would not exist without the support of a tiny stem.
- It is the flower's strength and mettle that allow for it to unfurl its delicate petals.
- Which is more necessary to the glory of a flower? The bursting blooms or its stately stem? Or even the tiny seed that started to grow with a tiny shower?
- You are like a perennial flower; while adversity may come your way in your own season you will tower and grow and grow in gentle showers.
- It just may be their thorny stems that give the roses courage to spread their delicate petals and share their beauty with the world?
- Even when a flower is spent, it produces seeds long after the bloom away has went. Left to reseed, they'll surely bloom again indeed.
- Dainty like a daisy, but as powerful as a thorn, you're a child of nature ready to face a new dawn.
- Flowers teach us that delicate beauty is a powerful duty.
- "Every rose has its thorn/ Just like every night has its dawn/ Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song/ Every rose has its thorn" - "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," Poison
- "And it's run for the roses/ As fast as you can/ Your fate is delivered/ Your moment's at hand/ It's the chance of a lifetime/ In a lifetime of chance" - "Run for the Roses," Dan Fogelberg
- "The lilies of the field whose bloom is brief:— / We are as they; / Like them we fade away," - "Consider," Christina Georgina Rossetti
- "There grew pied wind-flowers and violets; / Daisies, those pearl'd Arcturi of the earth, /The constellated flower that never sets; / faint oxlips; tender bluebells, at whose birth" - "The Question," Percy Bysshe Shelley
- "Where flowers degenerate man cannot live." - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "Marshaled like soldiers in gay company, / The tulips stand arrayed. Here infantry / Wheels out into the sunlight. What bold grace" - "A Tulip Garden," Amy Lowell
- "The Rose is fragrant, but it fades in time: / The Violet sweet, but quickly past the prime; / White Lillies hang their heads, and soon decay," - "The Despairing Lover," Theocritus
- "All night have the roses heard / The flute, violin, bassoon; / All night has the casement jessamine stirr'd / To the dancers dancing in tune;" - "Maud," Alfred Tennyson
Lovely Inspirational Flower Quotes
From classic poetry to unique sayings, you can convey plenty of inspiring messages via quotes about flowers. There are so many lovely quotes about flowers that can provide inspiration, both in a figurative and a literal sense.
- The showers of today lead to the flowers of tomorrow.
- Beauty comes in many colors, shapes and sizes; nature is lovely and full of surprises.
- Beauty is more than just skin deep; consider what from a beautiful flower is reaped — the pollination that allows more life to grow. Like a flower, you contribute more than you know.
- Like a lovely flower, your time to shine will come. When you bloom, your beauty will be surpassed by none.
- From but a humble beginning, with proper nutrients and tender loving care, there's no limit to what even a tiny flower can accomplish out there.
- From but a very tiny seed, such amazing beauty will spring — you'll see.
- From small seeds grows enormous beauty that inspires all who cross its path.
- Youth is your time to germinate; the sum total of all you are and all you do add up in time; along the way a rich life you'll create.
- Everyone in life will experience showers and storms; that's what leads to lovely flowers when the weather is warm.
- Sunflowers grow tall and sway with the wind. They shine and they glow and they nourish until the end.
- Flowers say I love you, flowers say I'm sorry. Flowers give us hope for a better tomorrow.
- Tomorrow will dawn, the flowers will bloom, from the darkness of night to sunlight on the lawn, tomorrow is a new day; for hope, there will always be room.
- "Tip toe from the garden / By the garden of a willow tree / And tip toe through the tulips with me" - "Tip Toe Through the Tulips," Tiny Tim
- "Sweet April showers / Do spring May flowers" - A Hundred Good Points of Husbandry, Thomas Tusser
- "Just remember in the winter/ Far beneath the bitter snows/ Lies the seed that with the sun's love/ In the spring becomes the rose" - "The Rose," Bette Midler
- "The garden is very still, / It is dazed with moonlight, / Contented with perfume, / Dreaming the opium dreams of its folded poppies." - "The Garden by Moonlight," - Amy Lowell
- "Married to green in all the sweetest flowers, / Forget-me-not,—the blue-bell,—and, that queen / Of secrecy, the violet; what strange powers" - "Answer to a Sonnet Ending Thus," John Keats
Using Flower Quotes in Everyday Life
When it comes to flowers, quotes can be found in many places. Now that you've mastered more than 50 new flower quotes, how can you use them? There are a lot of ways you can use quotes about flowers. They make great Instagram captions and are terrific to feature in scrapbooks, greeting cards, personal notes, and even everyday conversations. If you're using them to enhance your writing, consider utilizing nature words that describe the beauty of Earth in the surrounding text. Or you might find wind quotes naturally inspiring.