Karma is the idea that the actions of a person will come back to him at some future date through the forces of the universe. Karma can work in both positive and negative directions. For example, a person who treats others well may not see the immediate benefits of those actions but can trust karma to come back around with a reward in the future. On the other hand, a person who doesn’t treat others well might have good reason to hope karma doesn’t exist.
Funny Quotes About Karma
Funny Side of Karma
So what's so funny about karma? Because of its somewhat unpredictable nature, you never know when or where someone's misdeeds will come back to bite them. And let's face it: watching someone be on the receiving end of some of the nasty things they've dealt out to others over the years can be incredibly satisfying.
Be careful, though — if you laugh at someone else's bad karma, your own karma could take an unpleasant hit in the future. Instead, get your karma comedy in the quotes below:
- "Karma is like a rubber band. It can only stretch so far until it comes back and smacks you in the face." - Unknown
- "If you're a really mean person you're going to come back as a fly and eat poop." - Kurt Cobain
- "I believe that the laws of karma do not apply to show business, where good things happen to bad people on a fairly regular basis." - Chuck Lorre
- "Karma's just sharpening her fingernails and finishing her drink. She says she'll be with you shortly." - Unknown
- "I'm a very firm believer in karma, and put it this way: I get a lot of good parking spots." - Al Jourgensen
- "I always thought that Mario was kind of the bad guy, because if you know about the game, there was supposed to be a back story where Mario was teasing the ape, and the ape stole his girlfriend, and this was kind of karma for Mario, you know?" - Rich Moore
- "Karma never loses an address." - Unknown
- "That whore, karma, has finally made her way around, and had just bitch-slapped me right across the face." - Jennifer Salaiz
- "Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve." - Unknown
- "I must have killed a lot of cows in a past life for karma to hate me this much." - Katie McGarry
- "It's called karma, and it's pronounced ha-ha-ha-ha." - Unknown
- "Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma." - Unknown
- "Mark my words; someday she'll get what's coming to her. Karma's a bigger bitch than she is." - Kathleen Brooks
- "I hope the bus you threw me under swerves to hit you on the sidewalk." - Unknown
- "Mess with me? I'll let karma do its job. Mess with my family? I become karma." - Unknown
A Cosmic Joke
Whether or not you believe in karma as a spiritual idea or just enjoy a good laugh at the idea of bad people getting what they deserve in the end, it’s worth considering how you behave as you go about your life. In addition to enjoying a good laugh at these funny quotes, let them serve as a friendly reminder to mind your manners and treat others well. After all, you don't ever want to be on the receiving end of karma's cosmic joke!