There are many entertaining science quotes available on the Internet. Science has allowed for numerous advancements for mankind; it helps us to discover cures for diseases, put a man on the moon, or explain evolution. However, science is also confusing sometimes to some people and scientific terms can be like a foreign language. At any rate, whether you are a science lover or a person who dreads technical scientific language, here are some science-related quotes that you are sure to enjoy.
Funny Quotes About Science
Funny Science Quotes
The following humorous science quotes were collected from the widespread information available around the Internet. They are a good representation of how funny quotes can be derived from a discipline like science that is not know for its humor.
- I think science has enjoyed an extraordinary success because it has such a limited and narrow realm in which to focus its efforts. Namely, the physical universe. - Ken Jenkins
- Science... never solves a problem without creating ten more. - George Bernard Shaw
- The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka! [I've found it!]', but 'That’s funny…' - Isaac Asimov
- Great scientific discoveries have been made by men seeking to verify quite erroneous theories about the nature of things. - Aldous Huxley
- Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night, God said: "Let Newton be!", and all was light - Alexander Pope
- If I am given a formula, and I am ignorant of its meaning, it cannot teach me anything, but if I already know it what does the formula teach me? - St. Augustine
- A mathematician's reputation rests on the number of bad proofs he has given. - A.S. Besicovich
- The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance. - Robert Covey
- A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there" - Charles R. Darwin
- Math is like love - a simple idea but it can get complicated. - R. Drabek
- A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective. - Edward Teller
- I've heard that the government wants to put a tax on the mathematically ignorant. Funny, I thought that's what the lottery was - Gallagher
- Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions." - Evan Esar
- If your result needs a statistician then you should design a better experiment." - Ernest Rutherford
- The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. - Mark Russell
- Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. - Douglas Adams
- An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: What does happen is that the opponents gradually die out. - Max Planck
- Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist. - Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
Enjoy these entertaining, science-related quotes. They are only the tip of the iceberg of funny things which have been said about science.