Words of appreciation can be used when you feel gratitude towards someone. This could include thanking someone for a gift, a favor, or just being a good friend. Your words of thanks don't have to be long and fancy as long as they are heartfelt, as you'll see in these examples of words of appreciation.
Common Words of Appreciation
You don't have to give a big speech or write a long thank you letter to let someone know you appreciate them. Sometimes short is sweet.
- Thank you.
- I am indebted to you.
- Dinner was delicious.
- I appreciate you.
- You are an inspiration.
- I am grateful.
- You are a blessing.
- You are a true friend.
- You're so great.
- This is great.
- You light up my life.
- My sincere thanks.
- You're the best.
- You make me happy.
- You've been very helpful.
Words of Appreciation for Gifts
People always appreciate it when you take the time to thank them for a gift, especially if they didn't get to see you open it, as with wedding gifts.
- I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- You are one of the most generous people I know.
- Are there no limits to your generosity?
- You are so thoughtful and generous in your gift giving.
- Thank you for the delightful gift.
- You must have read my mind because your gift is exactly what I wanted.
- You picked the perfect gift for me.
- Thanks for being so thoughtful.
- Your gift means a lot to me.
- If you could see my face right now, you'd see a look of gratitude.
- Thank you for showering me with gifts for the baby.
- You made my birthday a special day.
- I am grateful for you and your generosity.
- Thanks for thinking of me; you made my day.
Words of Appreciation for Help & Support
For someone who has been there for you or encouraged you a message of gratitude is very much appreciated.
- How can we ever thank you enough for all you've done? We're forever grateful.
- You helped me right when I needed help most.
- If anyone deserves thanks, it's you.
- I really appreciate your support in this endeavor.
- You have been extremely supportive through this difficult time. I could not have gotten through it without you.
- We must thank you for your support at this time.
- I want to thank you for all the support and concern.
- That was very kind of you. How can I ever repay you?
- Your support has made me a stronger person and I will forever be grateful.
- You're my best friend.
- Thank you for always being there for me.
- Taking the time to help me was a very nice thing for you to do. Thanks so much.
- Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to be kind.
- You are the most beautiful and wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. I'm so lucky!
Appreciation in the Workplace
To help keep things positive in the workplace a few words of thanks or support can go a long way to making employees feel appreciated.
- You are a great employee and a positive force around the office.
- I want to acknowledge everyone's extra effort.
- You did an excellent job on that report.
- I want to thank you publicly for your hard work and dedication.
- Your attitude and work level suits us here, so keep up the good work!
- Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me.
- You have been a valuable member of our team.
- Thank you for giving me the chance to fulfill my potential here.
- Your commitment to this project is second to none.
- I appreciate you supporting me at the meeting.
- You have a winner's attitude.
- Thank you for sharing your vision.
- Your commitment to excellence has inspired others.
- We appreciate your innovative thinking.
- Your attention to detail puts you at the top.
- Thank you for taking the initiative and getting it done.
If you want to add to these examples of words of appreciation to craft a longer thank you, you can read more Words of Appreciation offering quotes and thoughtful messages.